Reports to: Chief Technology Officer
Created By: Bear Kaufmann
APL is announcing a rare opening in our core engineering group. We have so many new projects and products on the horizon that we need to expand our high level design and management capacity. We are looking for seasoned multi-disciplined engineers across the mechanical and thermal disciplines, and/or gasification specific engineering heroes.
This is an invitation to replace and/or augment the minds of Jim and Bear, as the default engineers of APL solutions. This is an invitation to be a core author and leader of what we do here. Growth requires that such core authorship is moved beyond one or two minds, and progressively positioned in multiple sites of high level expertise. Gasification luminaries encouraged to apply.
The Mechanical Engineer supports all engineering activities related to the design and fabrication of ALL Power Lab products. The Mechanical Engineer coordinates and engages in the development of new and existing products from concept, completion, and installation on site.
Duties and Tasks
- 3D CAD modeling, analysis, and documentation
- New component requirements specification and sourcing
- Management of engineering documentation in Arena BOMcontrol
- Support the development of vendor relationships
- Develop testing protocols for prototypes and manufactured assemblies
- Develop and manage products through Alpha, Beta, and Commercialization stages
- Project management
- BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering
- CAD Modeling, including 3D assemblies, parts, and drawings, including Bill of Material
- Knowledge of engine operation, thermodynamics, fluid dynamics, metallurgy, material handling, rotary and linear power transfer.
- Creation and interpretation of shop drawings
- Expert proficiency with SolidWorks (3-5 years) is preferred
- Knowledge of BOM management tools (Arena BOMcontrol preferred)
- Knowledge of product design and engineering for low and high-volume manufacturing, including sheet metal fabrication, machining, and rapid prototyping is critical
- Knowledge of regulations and standards - CE, UL, OSHA, safety
- Excellent understanding of product design
- Working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing
- Experience in the fields of Power Generation, Combustion, Process Engineering, Thermal Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, and Reliability Engineering.
- Superior communication and collaboration skills - working with others to balance project and product cost, time, and resources
- Knowledge of office applications: word processing and spreadsheets
- Must have excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Excellent self-management skills
- Strong academic credentials
To apply, please send a letter describing your interest and abilities, as well as a resume/CV, to "email@example.com".